Thread: Irregular Menstrual Cycles
- 09-23-2011, 01:13 AM #1The Earth Is My Mother Her
Womb Is My Bed.I am:
- Rep Power
Irregular Menstrual Cycles
Irregular menstruation can rise from a number of causes. Normally, the menstrual cycle of a woman occurs within an interval of 25 to 31 days. The period can be extended or shortened occasionally due to minor hormonal imbalances. In case of frequent irregularity in the cycle, like missing periods for months (other than pregnancy), periods occurring within very short intervals or extending for more than a week and heavy bleeding, one should seek proper medical consultation. It is commonly observed in women approaching menopause, and the condition is attributed to severe hormonal fluctuations of the body. Other physiological disorders may also result in irregular menstrual cycles. Symptoms
1. Frequent alterations in the time period of menstruation.2. Missing periods for months.3. Heavy bleeding continuing for more than a week.
1. Hormonal imbalances in the body.2. Cysts or tumors in the ovary 3. Approaching menopause4. Over exercise5. Taking contraceptive pills or hormonal tablets.
Herbal Remedies for Irregular Menstrual Cycle
Herbs are very useful in treating irregular menstrual cycles. One can regularize the cycle by following the simple and effective herbal remedies.
1. The herb Parsley is very effective in treating irregular menstrual cycles. Consuming a mixture of juices from parsley, carrot, beet and cucumber helps in normalizing the menses.
2. Tea made from fresh or dried Parsley leaves is equally beneficial in treating irregular menstrual cycles. Add 2 teaspoonfuls of parsley leaves in boiled water and keep it for half an hour. Strain the mixture and it is ready for drinking.
3. Asafetida is another popular herbal ingredient used to treat this disorder. A small amount of asafetida is fried in ghee and taken along with goat milk adding little honey. This is a very effective remedy to treat irregular periods.
4. Extract from the bark of Ashoka tree is very effective in controlling the menses. It stimulates the uterine walls and helps in normalizing the menstrual cycle.
5. Leaves of bamboo are often prescribed to regularize the menstruation flow.
6. The Chinese herb “Dong Quai”, popularly known as “female ginseng” is very effective in regularizing the menstrual flow. The herb is also beneficial in treating various symptoms of menopause.
7. Drinking Aloe Vera juice is another effective herbal remedy for irregular menstrual cycles. It controls heavy bleeding and regularizes the missed periods.
8. Drinking a decoction of ginger adding little honey is also beneficial in normalizing cycles.
9. Decoction of chicory seeds is very effective in normalizing the menstrual flow in case of missed periods.
Read more about Irregular Menstruation Treatment. Also know about Female Libido Enhancer.
Posted in Women.
Last edited by Obadele Kambon; 12-21-2012 at 05:47 AM.
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)