Donate Now Please do not take [aK] for granted! Contribute NOW! No paypal? Click here! Goal amount for today: 100 USD, Received: 0 USD (0%)
Crowdfunding support for Abibitumi Kasa!

User Tag List

  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cocky
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Kemetic
  • Depressed
  • Drunk
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Dedicated
  • Peace Out
  • Curious
  • Sankofa
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Wtf
  • Afrikantic
  • Da Bomb
  • Questioning
  • Vengeful
  • Loud
  • Ma'atic
  • Led Astray
  • Revolutionary
  • Uneasy
  • Black Love
  • Obibini
  • Dancing
  • Abibitumi Kasa
  • Abibifahodie
  • Hard-working
  • RBG
  • Great!
  • Precise
  • Shocked
  • Protective
  • Persistent
  • Inquisitive
  • Disciplined
  • 2 Fangaz
  • Cautious
  • Oreo
  • Eternal
  • Hoodwinked
  • Well-read
  • Troll
  • Brilliant
  • Genius
  • Pretty
  • Impressive
  • Monumental
  • Flirtatious
  • Explosive
  • Cheeky
  • Cute
  • Sarcastic
  • Joyful
  • Uhuru
  • Jammin'
  • Ecstatic!
  • Peaceful
  • RBG Love
  • Outspoken
  • Womanly
  • On Point
  • B-day
  • Tropical
  • Resist
  • Partying
  • Protest
  • Persevering
  • Hot
  • Confused
  • Scholarly
  • Shocking
  • white
  • Playful
  • Kuumba
  • Queenly
  • Bright
  • Kwanzaa
  • Ujima
  • Umoja
  • Stranded
  • Loving
  • Violent
  • Nguzo Saba
  • Timeless
  • Beautiful
  • Joking
  • Full of BS
  • Outraged
  • Sassy
  • Bamboozled
  • Afrikan
  • Defensive
  • Social
  • Jovial
  • Intelligent
  • Nia
  • Beautiful 2
  • Appreciative
  • Warrior
  • Nerdy
  • Relaxed
  • Surprised
  • Jagunjagun
  • Reborn
  • Unsure
  • Lonely
  • Mad
  • Nubian
  • Humorous
  • Flirtatious 2
  • On Point 2
  • On Lock
  • 5 Stars
  • Amandla
  • Committed
  • Historical
  • Feminine
  • Cleansing
  • Asafo
  • Celebrative
  • Fighter
  • Kidding
  • Handsome
  • Funny
  • Optimistic
  • Furious
  • Paranoid
  • Khepera
  • Outta Here
  • Oppressed
  • Miseducated
  • Rebel
  • Strong
  • Gossipy
  • Dangerous
  • On fire
  • Serious
  • Divine
  • Queenly 2
  • Sleepy
  • Imani
  • Ujamaa
  • Exotic
  • Celebrative 2
  • Courageous
  • Kujichagulia
  • Confident
  • Informative
  • Visionary
  • Courageous 2
  • Helpful
  • + Reply to Thread
    + Post New Thread
    Results 1 to 10 of 10

    Thread: 10 Afrikan Language Learning Hacks

    1. #1
      abibifahodie Kuo (Admin) Live Chat
      "Afrikan people are not
      at war. War implies two groups
      fighting against each other.
      Afrikan people are under
      attack. When we start fighting
      back, in the tradition of our
      ancestors, with military force
      we'll be at war."-Kala
      Kambon
       
      I am:
      Sankofa
       
      Kala Kambon's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2006
      Posts
      1,278
      Points
      36,593
      Points: 36,593, Level: 83
      Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 7
      Overall activity: 71.0%
      Blog Entries
      7
      Mentioned
      60 Post(s)
      Tagged
      34 Thread(s)
      Rep Power
      15
      Achievements:
      SocialRecommendation First ClassVeteranCreated Album picturesTagger First Class


      Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

      Default 10 Afrikan Language Learning Hacks

      Learning a language is not something anyone can do overnight, but, there are some techniques that can help get you on a faster track to speaking the language fluently, especially if you are a beginner.


      Not in any particular order; here's our suggested simple learning hacks to acquiring any Afrikan language:




      • Commit the following phrases in the target language to memory. They will allow you to engage with a speaker of the target language to help you build your vocabulary:


      • “How do you say [fill in your word] in [name of language]?”
      • “I don’t understand
      • “Please say it again.”
      • “I don’t know.
      • “I know.”
      • “I want to learn [blank]”




      • Mnemonic devices:Think of something you can associate with the word that will remind you of it. For example, the word for “yes” in Wolof, is ‘Waaw,’ and sounds like the word “wow” in English: “Did I remember the word for yes, Wow [waaw], I did!”




      • Have Something to Say: Whether you are taking Yoruba to learn how to pour libation to your ancestors, or you want to be able to hold a basic conversation with your husband or wife’s family in Twi, have something you want to say in your language and learn how to say/translate it into the target language! It's a great motivation to get you going!




      • Have fun!: Don't be afraid to make mistakes, say it wrong, eventually , with practice you'll say it right!




      • Join a conversational group on or off line, like our language groups at Abibitumi Kasa forums. You can hear it spoken





      • Plan a trip, like the Sankɔfa Journey. Language and cultural immersion increase your fluency.




      • Learn from a Master Linguist. Not just a tutor, or a video or even a native speaker can help you the way a master linguist can.




      • Try to think of your day in the new language




      • Fold sheet of paper long way and write a list of vocabulary in english on one side. The Afrikan language on the other. Quiz your self.




      • Put sticky notes with the Afrikan name on every day household items and say the names every time you use the item.


      Did these help? Let us know by posting your comments in our forums. Have any hacks of your own for learning Afrikan languages? Log in and post the HERE!
      Get started trying out these hacks with our downloadable Introductory Twi course. Kindly click on the link for more info or to purchase this learn-at-your-own pace 8 week course offline: http://abibitumikasa.com/learning-ma...-offline-p-139
      Learn-at-Your-Own-Pace Conversational Akan (Twi) Class [Offline]


      $95.00


      Details:
      Learn-At-Your-Own-Pace

      Intensive Introductory Conversational Akan (Twi) [Offline]



      Full 8 class set of Intensive Intro Conversational Twi on a Learn-at-Your-Own-Pace format featuring 8 PDF documents with embedded mp3 audio and exercises on topics such as name, what you do, what you like, where you're from, where you live, greetings, age, descriptions, exams, pronunciation, new vocab, common expression and more!

      Requires free Adobe Reader 9 or later available for free from: http://get.adobe.com/reader/�


      To check out a sample page from the lesson, visit: http://www.abibitumikasa.com/sampletwi.pdf



      Get started trying out these hacks with our downloadable Introductory Twi course. Kindly click on the link for more info or to purchase this learn-at-your-own pace 8 week course offline: http://abibitumikasa.com/learning-ma...-offline-p-139
      Last edited by Kala Kambon; 10-28-2015 at 04:10 PM.
      To Be AnAfrikan Woman is to:

      - be life affirming
      - be in partnership with an Afrikan man
      - be a political organizer
      - function as part of a collective
      - exert influence
      - speak for the Ancestors
      - be an advocate for Afrika
      - be a mother who does whatever is necessary to protect her child
      - teach
      - be a healer
      - represent the continuity of Afrikan people
      - represent the stability of the Afrikan family
      - maintain and pass on Afrikan culture
      - organize and direct the Afrikan market, enabling our people to understand thespirit of economic exchange and distribution of our resources
      - be a scientist of the sacred
      - be an intellectual
      - be Divine
      Quote By Marimba Ani

    2. #2
      Abibikasa Wura Live Chat
      Ɔbra yɛ ko
       
      I am:
      Abibitumi Kasa
       
      Obadele Kambon's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2006
      Posts
      92,082
      Points
      959,604
      Points: 959,604, Level: 100
      Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
      Overall activity: 100.0%
      Blog Entries
      26
      Mentioned
      188 Post(s)
      Tagged
      32 Thread(s)
      Rep Power
      15
      Achievements:
      SocialYour first GroupRecommendation First ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures


      Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

      Default Re: 10 Afrikan Language Learning Hacks

      O káre l'áyé! Àwọn ìmọ̀ràn wọ̀nyí mà dára o. Ṣé ohun tí o máa ń ṣe náà nìyí?

    3. #3
      Odimafoɔ (Contributor) Live Chat
      I am too lazy to set my status.
       
      I am:
      Dedicated
       
      kevlew's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 2014
      Posts
      3,222
      Points
      16,557
      Points: 16,557, Level: 56
      Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 593
      Overall activity: 99.9%
      Mentioned
      112 Post(s)
      Tagged
      6 Thread(s)
      Rep Power
      35
      Achievements:
      Tagger First ClassSocial10000 Experience PointsVeteranRecommendation Second Class
      Awards:
      Community Award


      Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

      Default Re: 10 Afrikan Language Learning Hacks

      Meda ase!


      Abibifahodie
      Power is the ability to define reality and to have other people respond to your definition as if it were their own. - Dr. Wade Nobles

    4. #4
      Odimafoɔ (Contributor) Live Chat
      In training
       
      I am:
      Courageous
       
      ThinkingAfrican68's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2012
      Posts
      103
      Points
      3,989
      Points: 3,989, Level: 26
      Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 111
      Overall activity: 3.0%
      Mentioned
      7 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Rep Power
      6
      Achievements:
      Social1000 Experience PointsVeteranTagger First Class


      Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

      Default Re: 10 Afrikan Language Learning Hacks

      I find one of the best ways to learn a language is not to try as hard to remember the words you say but be very conscious and aware of what it is your saying (semantics, syntax, etc). Understanding the rules of a particular language goes a long way in helping you register words and phrases and their meanings in your mind. At least that's been my experience so far.

    5. #5
      Odimafoɔ (Contributor) Live Chat
      I am too lazy to set my status.
       
      I am:
      Awesome
       
      Akosua Aya's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2008
      Age
      36
      Posts
      44
      Points
      6,804
      Points: 6,804, Level: 35
      Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 246
      Overall activity: 0%
      Mentioned
      17 Post(s)
      Tagged
      16 Thread(s)
      Rep Power
      0
      Achievements:
      SocialVeteran5000 Experience Points


      Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

      Default Re: 10 Afrikan Language Learning Hacks

      Thanks for these tips @Kala! I'm working on getting my Afrikan-language-life together.

      Committed to a cause greater than myself. ..how about you?

    6. #6
      Abibikasa Wura Live Chat
      Ɔbra yɛ ko
       
      I am:
      Abibitumi Kasa
       
      Obadele Kambon's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2006
      Posts
      92,082
      Points
      959,604
      Points: 959,604, Level: 100
      Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
      Overall activity: 100.0%
      Blog Entries
      26
      Mentioned
      188 Post(s)
      Tagged
      32 Thread(s)
      Rep Power
      15
      Achievements:
      SocialYour first GroupRecommendation First ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures


      Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

      Default Re: 10 Afrikan Language Learning Hacks

      Quote Originally Posted by Akosua Aya View Post
      Thanks for these tips @Kala! I'm working on getting my Afrikan-language-life together.

      Committed to a cause greater than myself. ..how about you?
      What efforts are you making @Akosua Aya

      Sent from my GHANA-MADE RLG Uhuru Accu BrilliantPhone using the NEW Abibitumi Kasa mobile app

    7. #7
      Odimafoɔ (Contributor) Live Chat
      I am too lazy to set my status.
       
      I am:
      Awesome
       
      Akosua Aya's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2008
      Age
      36
      Posts
      44
      Points
      6,804
      Points: 6,804, Level: 35
      Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 246
      Overall activity: 0%
      Mentioned
      17 Post(s)
      Tagged
      16 Thread(s)
      Rep Power
      0
      Achievements:
      SocialVeteran5000 Experience Points


      Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

      Default Re: 10 Afrikan Language Learning Hacks

      Specifically, I've incorporated a kiswahili prayer/word of thanks before meals (one I learned growing up). Also, basic twi greetings with the girls. Kwame of course is way ahead which pushes me to remember more and be more confident in speaking.

      Committed to a cause greater than myself. ..how about you?

    8. #8
      Odimafoɔ (Contributor) Live Chat
      I am too lazy to set my status.
       
      I am:
      Awesome
       
      Akosua Aya's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2008
      Age
      36
      Posts
      44
      Points
      6,804
      Points: 6,804, Level: 35
      Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 246
      Overall activity: 0%
      Mentioned
      17 Post(s)
      Tagged
      16 Thread(s)
      Rep Power
      0
      Achievements:
      SocialVeteran5000 Experience Points


      Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

      Default Re: 10 Afrikan Language Learning Hacks

      The other thing, which you can probably relate to @Kala, is just the mental space it takes to focus on learning and speaking our own languages while managing the daily #mommystruggle.

      In many ways I am inspired by how the girls have picked up twi and now know basically everything Kwame knows.


      Committed to a cause greater than myself. ..how about you?

    9. #9
      Abibikasa Wura Live Chat
      Ɔbra yɛ ko
       
      I am:
      Abibitumi Kasa
       
      Obadele Kambon's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2006
      Posts
      92,082
      Points
      959,604
      Points: 959,604, Level: 100
      Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
      Overall activity: 100.0%
      Blog Entries
      26
      Mentioned
      188 Post(s)
      Tagged
      32 Thread(s)
      Rep Power
      15
      Achievements:
      SocialYour first GroupRecommendation First ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures


      Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

      Default Re: 10 Afrikan Language Learning Hacks

      Quote Originally Posted by Akosua Aya View Post
      Specifically, I've incorporated a kiswahili prayer/word of thanks before meals (one I learned growing up). Also, basic twi greetings with the girls. Kwame of course is way ahead which pushes me to remember more and be more confident in speaking.

      Committed to a cause greater than myself. ..how about you?
      Glad to see you in Twi class! Mo ne adwuma! Wo fie dwumadie nso ɛ?

    10. #10
      Fekuni (Member) Live Chat
      Proud to be here!
       
      I am:
      Geeky
       
      Akua019's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2017
      Age
      21
      Posts
      15
      Points
      243
      Points: 243, Level: 4
      Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 7
      Overall activity: 11.0%
      Mentioned
      0 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Rep Power
      0
      Achievements:
      Tagger Second Class100 Experience Points31 days registered


      Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

      Default Re: 10 Afrikan Language Learning Hacks

      Quote Originally Posted by Kala Kambon View Post
      Learning a language is not something anyone can do overnight, but, there are some techniques that can help get you on a faster track to speaking the language fluently, especially if you are a beginner.


      Not in any particular order; here's our suggested simple learning hacks to acquiring any Afrikan language:




      • Commit the following phrases in the target language to memory. They will allow you to engage with a speaker of the target language to help you build your vocabulary:


      • “How do you say [fill in your word] in [name of language]?”
      • “I don’t understand
      • “Please say it again.”
      • “I don’t know.
      • “I know.”
      • “I want to learn [blank]”




      • Mnemonic devices:Think of something you can associate with the word that will remind you of it. For example, the word for “yes” in Wolof, is ‘Waaw,’ and sounds like the word “wow” in English: “Did I remember the word for yes, Wow [waaw], I did!”




      • Have Something to Say: Whether you are taking Yoruba to learn how to pour libation to your ancestors, or you want to be able to hold a basic conversation with your husband or wife’s family in Twi, have something you want to say in your language and learn how to say/translate it into the target language! It's a great motivation to get you going!




      • Have fun!: Don't be afraid to make mistakes, say it wrong, eventually , with practice you'll say it right!




      • Join a conversational group on or off line, like our language groups at Abibitumi Kasa forums. You can hear it spoken





      • Plan a trip, like the Sankɔfa Journey. Language and cultural immersion increase your fluency.




      • Learn from a Master Linguist. Not just a tutor, or a video or even a native speaker can help you the way a master linguist can.




      • Try to think of your day in the new language




      • Fold sheet of paper long way and write a list of vocabulary in english on one side. The Afrikan language on the other. Quiz your self.




      • Put sticky notes with the Afrikan name on every day household items and say the names every time you use the item.


      Did these help? Let us know by posting your comments in our forums. Have any hacks of your own for learning Afrikan languages? Log in and post the HERE!
      Get started trying out these hacks with our downloadable Introductory Twi course. Kindly click on the link for more info or to purchase this learn-at-your-own pace 8 week course offline: http://abibitumikasa.com/learning-ma...-offline-p-139
      Learn-at-Your-Own-Pace Conversational Akan (Twi) Class [Offline]
      $95.00



      Details:
      Learn-At-Your-Own-Pace

      Intensive Introductory Conversational Akan (Twi) [Offline]



      Full 8 class set of Intensive Intro Conversational Twi on a Learn-at-Your-Own-Pace format featuring 8 PDF documents with embedded mp3 audio and exercises on topics such as name, what you do, what you like, where you're from, where you live, greetings, age, descriptions, exams, pronunciation, new vocab, common expression and more!

      Requires free Adobe Reader 9 or later available for free from: http://get.adobe.com/reader/�


      To check out a sample page from the lesson, visit: http://www.abibitumikasa.com/sampletwi.pdf



      Get started trying out these hacks with our downloadable Introductory Twi course. Kindly click on the link for more info or to purchase this learn-at-your-own pace 8 week course offline: http://abibitumikasa.com/learning-ma...-offline-p-139

      This was SUCH an excellent post! I am saving this one to my favorites! Now, all I need to do is figure out which African country I'm going to repatriate to and learn their language!

    + Reply to Thread
    + Post New Thread

    Thread Information

    Users Browsing this Thread

    There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Similar Threads

    1. Replies: 0
      Last Post: 08-03-2014, 05:49 PM
    2. Helpful Tips for Afrikan Language Learning and for Life
      By Obadele Kambon in forum Afrikan Language Resources
      Replies: 7
      Last Post: 09-26-2011, 04:32 PM
    3. Afrikan Language Learning Links
      By Obadele Kambon in forum Afrikan Language Resources
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: 11-04-2009, 11:25 PM
    4. Benefits of Learning an Afrikan language at Abibitumi Kasa!
      By Obadele Kambon in forum Afrikan Language Resources
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: 03-22-2009, 05:36 AM
    5. Viewing Afrikan Language Fonts in the Afrikan Language Forum
      By Obadele Kambon in forum Math and Science (STEM)
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: 06-26-2008, 02:06 AM

    Visitors found this page by searching for:

    Nobody landed on this page from a search engine, yet!

    Thread Participants: 5

    Tags for this Thread

    Posting Permissions

    • You may post new threads
    • You may post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •  
    About us
    Abibitumi Kasa is a global website, app, forum and think tank created by and for Afrikan=Black people. Abibitumi Kasa is dedicated to the complete and total liberation of Kmt ‘Afrikan=Black people’ and modern Kmt ‘the land(s) of Afrikan=Black people’ throughout the Afrikan=Black world from under domination by Eurasians including, but not limited to: (white) Americans, Arabs, Israelis, British, French, Belgians, Afrikaaners/Dutch, Germans, Portuguese, Chinese, Koreans, Russians, Indo-Aryans, etc. Abibitumi Kasa also seeks Afrikan=Black liberation from the religions, philosophies, ideologies, languages, militaries, economic systems, worldviews, and other tools used opportunistically by Eurasians to implement domination of Afrikan=Black people with the assistance of anti-Afrikan/anti-Black collaborators who propagate these instruments of oppression, which were designed to serve and protect their Eurasian creators against the interests and survival of Afrikan=Black people. As such, Abibitumi Kasa seeks to reclaim and/or create systems and tools designed by Afrikan=Black people for the benefit of Afrikan=Black People in the interest of complete and total Afrikan=Black Liberation, Self-Preservation, Self-Determination and Survival in each and every area of human activity including, but not limited to, culture, economics, education, entertainment, health, labor, law, politics, psychology, religion, science/technology, sex, society, war, etc.
    The Revolution Will Not be anglicized!!!
    Download Our Mobile App!

    Abibitumi Kasa App

    AK apple Abibitumi Kasa App